Houmous is very simple to make, just throw all the ingredients together and Viola!
Its ideal for dunking veggies crackers or veggie sticks into. I use it to replace mayonnaise, or you can just as a dip for bread sticks or warm flat breads.
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas (reserve a few chickpeas for decoration)
- 1 tsp tahini.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed.
- 1 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil (plus a little extra for drizzling)
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Paprika (optional)
- Rinse the chickpeas in cold water and pour into the food processor.
- Add the crushed garlic, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in the oil while your food processor is running.
- When the mixture is smooth, pour into a serving dish. Drizzle with some more extra virgin olive oil and decorate with a few whole chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika it gives it a nice kick and lovely colour. Enjoy!