These nutritious cookies will disappear the minute you put them on the plate! The majority of biscuits available in supermarkets contain hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, these harmful fats are most definitely best avoided These uncooked cookies are a delicious and nutritious alternative. These are a real favourite of my two girls.
The following recipe serves 2 - 3 people;
- 1 cup of Almonds
- 1 cup of Figs
- 1 Orange juiced and peeled
Method of Preparation:
- The night before, juice the orange and soak the raisins in the juice overnight. Soak the almonds in water overnight.
- Chop the remainder orange in a small food processor
- Mix ingredients into masticating juicer or food processor, thoroughly alternating ingredients.
- Spread the mixture onto a chopping board & cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place in dehydrator on parchment paper. Dray at 41 degrees until dry
- Turn occasionally to allow the cookies to dry evenly on both sides.