Mushroom Pate with
Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
‘Drizzle this salsa over tacos or hummus for that extra sweet flavour.’
Mushrooms are a great addition to vegetarian or vegan dishes as they give a chewy texture which is very satisfying. Some mushrooms are also a rich source of vitamin D especially shitake. Vitamin D is necessary for absorbing calcium. The courgette strips are rolled into cylinders with the delicious mushroom pate and topped with the red pepper salsa to add a sweet taste to this yummy pate.
- 12 mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Slice mushrooms of your choice roughly, add some finely diced garlic, shallots and a little thyme.
2. Place mushroom mix in a pot with a drop of water.
3. Sauté until mushrooms are cooked through.
4. Place in a blender (including the juices). Pulse to a coarse pate consistency.
5. Roast some red bell peppers in the oven until the skin blisters.
6. Cover peppers in a bowl so that the skin will peel off.
7. Dice the peppers and add a little olive oil to them.
8. Peel strips of courgette with a potato peeler and cook for five seconds in boiling water.
9. Refresh in cold water and pat dry.
10. Place a dollop of mushroom pate on the courgettes strips and roll into cylinders. Drizzle with the red pepper salsa.
There are currently no products in this collection.