Bags of tasty onion rings
‘If you’re looking for bags of taste from your crisps, these onion rings are the perfect solution.’
The kids in school swapped chocolate with my daughter Julie for these onion rings, which really let me know I had got this recipe just right. The simple combination of onions and sweetcorn is fantastic. These are an ideal complement for dips on a night in front of the telly.
• 3 white onions
• 2 cups frozen sweetcorn
• 1 tablespoon of salted vegetable bouillon
• ¼ cup of water
1. Blend the sweetcorn and vegetable bouillon together until it forms a creamy batter.
2. Add some water to the batter if it is too thick, though you do need a fairly thick consistency.
3. Slice the onions into fairly thick rings and coat the onions rings in the batter.
4. Place the coated onions rings on a dehydrator tray and dry till crisp, turning once.
There are currently no products in this collection.